1950’s Air Force Hangar was renovated to house the Texas Engineering Extension Service Utilities and Public Works Training Institute. Patterson Architects developed a design to fit the users needs. The interior of the hangar has electrical training classrooms and labs located on the west side. The fiber optic side, on the east, has classrooms, labs, break room and bathroom facilities. Ladder trays were incorporated to run around the classrooms for simulations during training for long distance fiber optic wiring. The entrance to the hangar was enhanced with a storefront opening and four offices adjacent to the entrance. Storage was also added and the hangar was re roofed and skinned with new metal building panels.